Melicent Boysen and Angela Kreps met when Boysen was representing NASA’s technology transfer interests and Kreps was selected from a nationwide search to lead Kansas’ bioscience industry. More than a decade later we found projects where our individual experiences complemented each other’s in surprising, and what turned out to be incredibly complimentary, ways.
We began collaborating on projects and combined our practices, effectively intersecting our expertise that benefits our client’s interests. We believe in a value-based approach to enable businesses to thrive. Choosing to dedicate our work to support our client’s goals, means that we are completely devoted to it; that we will protect it as if it were our own. Integrity is our center point. That commitment, combined with our proven expertise, sets us apart.
Today's changing markets, globalization, and economic environment provide unique challenges and opportunities for creative, competitive technologies and innovations. Forward-thinking companies are tasked with end-to-end management and strategic planning that includes research, analysis, forecasting, solution development and funding. Often challenged by resource constraints and competing priorities, your capabilities can be limited.
At B+K Initiatives, we have nearly 70 years of combined experience working with clients and solving complex business issues. We can help you create and manage a strategic solution to meet your goals.
Get in touch
At B+K Initiatives we know selecting the right advisors is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why we offer free consultations to discuss your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.
Boysen has more than 30 years experience in identifying transformational opportunities for enterprises in diverse industry sectors. She has expertise in the commercialization of new innovations. She was the regional director of NASA’s Mid-Continent Technology Transfer Center. Boysen’s strategic, financial, and operational skills have led to the success of many enterprises and organizations.
Boysen & Associates
As a successful owner of startup businesses herself, Boysen understands the challenges and opportunities that entrepreneurs, corporations, and organizations face in the various stages of their development and growth.
Founded by Melicent Boysen, this company specializes in the development and commercialization of inventions and innovative technologies. Life Science, especially human and animal health, is a focus industry. Other sectors of expertise include alternative energy and recycling.
Activities & Affiliations
• Larta Institute, Principal Advisor
• Founder and Executive Officer of three successful non-profit community organizations
• Board of Directors of numerous non-profit organizations whose missions relate to the education, development, and support of children and families
• Bridging the Gap, Connecting environment, economy, and community, Board Member, 7 years
Honors & Awards
• Recognized in world library editions of Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, Who’s Who in America, and Who’s Who of American Women
• Founded and led an organization that was a recipient of President Clinton’s Volunteer Action Award Citation, which was “established to recognize, inspire, and encourage exemplary volunteer community service directed at solving serious social problems in communities throughout the Nation.”
Kreps has nearly 30 years experiences in Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development, ranging from a Fortune 300, ADP, to a two-person startup as CEO of BioKansas. Recently she served as Vice President of a global Contract Research Organization, and is an Executive Coach. Angela identifies competitive market advantages as she develops and implements strategies to accelerate growth.
2005-2014; Worked With More Than 200 Bioscience Enterprises; Led Public Policy Initiatives Among State and Federal Government Elected Officials; Engaged a Network of 10,000+ Industry Leaders and Supporters on NBAF and NCI Designation
Sekisui XenoTech, Vice President
2015-2018; Led Domestic and International Sales, Distribution, Marketing, Legal and Customer Service Teams; Set Company Records for Highest Revenue Growth; Coached CEO to Rebuild Leadership Team, Halt Runaway Turnover, and Achieve Highest Operating Income Results
ADP, Major Account District Manager
1996-2005; Individual Producer in Employer Services For Employers With 50-1,000 Employees; New Employee Mentor; 4-time National Top Producer Awards, President’s Club
Activities & Affiliations
• Kansas BioGENEius Challenge Founder
• Center for Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS), Founding Advisory Board
• Kansas State University & University of Kansas, Advisory Boards
• Coalition of State Bioscience Institutes, Co-Founder & Chair
• Appointed by multiple Governors and Senators to numerous Boards of Directors and Committees related to Bioscience, Youth, STEM, and Economic Development
Honors & Awards
• Invited Speaker to Hundreds of Community and Leadership Events, Including the National Academy of Arts & Sciences
•Kansas City’s Most Influential Women, an Award Based on Independent Nominations from the Public for Women Who Have Successful Track Records, Strong Business Acumen, and a Reputation as a Leader in Their Area of Business